My New Work Place!!
Since today is a saturaday and baby is slping now.. I decided to post some of e pics I took at my new work place.. Cos the first day quite bored nth much to do so I took some pics of the surroundings.. Anyway, my first day of work super slack lo.. In morning, juz meet my GM to sign the contract, den my Admin cum Finance Manager brought mi and 2 other colleagues to the Airport Police Station to make my employee's pass.. Otherwise every morning I hab to go and apply for a visitor pass before I can go into my working area.. The security level there berfi high not even an ANT can escape!! Haha.. But, the sad and sianz thing is tat the pass will only be done by 3rd Mar 2008.. Haiz.. Which means for 1mth plus I hab to go and apply for visitor pass which is beri troublesome de lo.. Other than tat, everything is fine!!
In e noon, we had a mini party cos beri "qiao" yesterday is my GM's bdae!! So, I am so lucky to hab a free and delicious lunch!! Muahahaa.. My GM introduce me to all e colleagues and they are all beri friendly pple.. After tat, a senior engineering exe. brought mi to the production area to let mi know wad our company is dealing with.. I am so excited abt it.. We are doing printing industry, its like a mini factory la.. Errmm.. I see how a book is made!! OMG!! Our compnay is making books!! Hee..
The process is like tat : -Un-rolling of the big roll of papers..-To cutting the papers into the sizes that e client wants..-Printing of the pages..-Putting of barcodes into every pages..-Then, there will be a camera to scan the barcode to make sure all e pages are there..-Those done but hab missing pages will be discard automatically, den those which are well done will proceed to the next machine..-Next, it will go into the glueing process whereby they will first need to go thru a scanning test to see which cover the book needs.. Cos they might be processing more than 2 different books at a time.. Wow!! The technology really beri GREAT!!-Once, the scanner scans which book needs which cover then it will be going into a machine that will make the book tidy den into another machine to make e bulk of the book rough so tat when the glue is glue onto the book is easier..-Next, it will go into the "cooling tower" which will helps the gloe to harder to the cover and the pages faster..-Then, it will go into a machine that will scan the height and lenght and width of the book..-Eventually, it will go into a machine tat will put the plastic cover for the book according to the measurement taken by the previous machine, so as to prevent the book from getting dirty..-Well, a book is done and wid a plastic cover as well!!This is my company jointly ventured wid USA and Netherlands.. There are 3 clocks which symbolise the time for the 3 country..
This is my work desk!!
Super bored, so took a few pics of myself..

This is the pantry area.. Cosy rite??

Thats all for now.. I will upload more soon... ^__^
Michelle blogged on Saturday, February 2, 2008
@ 3:00 PM